Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014   #1
Littlejoe-42
Newbie Member

Littlejoe-42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can someone make better, smarter cops?

Could someone make a mod that makes the cops on the GTA4 map smarter, using more techniques at stopping me rather than slowly turning into my lane, perhaps even working as a team.

This is the one aspect that truly endears me to GTA5. I think this would add some fire and pizazz to the old familiar landscape. Then hitting a cop car on the bumper, and playing "fox and the hounds" through the streets of Liberty City, would be a thrill.
Littlejoe-42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
This is the only mod that comes close to what you want:
http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/arre...d-10812-f10271

It works excellent, makes it alot harder to lose the cops permanently and also engages them when you're violating traffic laws
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #3
Littlejoe-42
Newbie Member

Thanks, I do already have it, and I like it, but I wonder if the driving skills can be improved.

I know nothing about scripting. Perhaps more police cars on the road?
Old 04-09-2014   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I think that would be a really tough job to do, but I don't know anything about scripting either.. you'll probably have better luck asking someone who does (directly)
Old 04-16-2014   #5
VooDoobie
The VooDoo

VooDoobie is an unknown quantity at this point
AI behavior is going to be a tough one, as R* has been working to improve that as GTA's go on lol
VooDoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #6
Littlejoe-42
Newbie Member

I've had a look, and it seems that the police handling.dat can be altered, perhaps in ways that make them much more capable than they are right now (max speed, acceleration, turn radius, ect). I've do it myself, but the handling editors on this site don't link to my Steam copy of GTA4, plus the ones I have worked with have left me with very unsatisfying results.

If someone could post an altered version of the handling.dat line of the POLICE, and other related law enforcement vehicles, that would make them more powerful, I would be most appreciative.
Old 04-17-2014   #7
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

I think all the handling.dat file changes is the capabilities of a vehicle, that doesnt mean the AI will automaticly benefit from that. It might get worse even, just look at the snow mod.. AIs kept bumping into eachother because theyre not programmed to take the adjusted handling into account
Old 04-17-2014   #8
Littlejoe-42
Newbie Member

Thanks for the info. That's what seemed to happen to me the first time I tried adjusting them.