Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013   #16
smittywerb

smittywerb is an unknown quantity at this point
HAd fun when I played. PLayed mostly deathmatches. Servers are acting wacky now so I advise you guys to hold on playing because your character will not be saved.
smittywerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #17
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
Not entirely true.

Also I like how you can yell at the cashier and they'll hurry up.
You can also gets guards attention the same way.
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #18
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
You guys know that you can access the ATM via the mobile internet on your phone, right? There's no need to drive to one of them lol. Just go to the Maze Bank page.
Old 10-03-2013   #19
Algonquin
Da Bear

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

unless you're getting paid by cheque and do that fucking scan a cheque thing...
Algonquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #20
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I played a little last night. Still seems buggy, but it's neat. I can see it being heaps more fun with friends than strangers. I'll have to get on with the gtag crew at some point.

At the start where i had to steal a car to get the tracker in it, i just got a shitty one so i could drive around and look for a better one. But as soon as i got that the streets were literally deserted. Not an NPC or parked car or anything in sight. I didn't go find another player to see if there were some around them. But i was driving around for ~5 minutes and there was exactly 0. I went into a clothes store and bought some shorts and came back out and it was back to normal again, so that was weird.

Then not long after I tried to go do a Last Man Standing deathmatch thing, and it started loading up fine, but just kept loading forever. I waited over 10 minutes but eventually had to completely close GTAV. It had loaded something because i could press up and down and it would click like i was scrolling through a list, but nothing came up and there was no way to exit that mission. :/

So I went back to Singple Player after that. There's still heaps i have to do in SP.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #21
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
What I've been doing is starting my own invite only game and then either joining jobs from the quick job menu or accepting invites from people. This way I can play whatever modes/missions/activities I feel like, but when I'm done I can leave and return to my free roam world alone to deposit my cash, or buy things without randoms attacking me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

unless you're getting paid by cheque and do that fucking scan a cheque thing...
It's ridiculous but convenient.

I actually wonder if phone deposits were a late addition as a lot of people were worried about ATM camping as soon as the feature was announced.

ATMs are pretty redundant with phone banking, plus if you have more than $5k the help text says you're carring over $5000 and someone could steal it, then recommends you go to an ATM. Also the interaction menu has quick waypoints for ATMs. There's no mention of phone banking so I wonder if it was added late, but they couldn't adjust the help text and quick interaction menu in time for release.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #22
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
The online is awesome with friends, a lot of randoms are more concerned with shooting or running over other people instead of enjoying the huge amount of fun activities the online offers. Like i was robbing the gas station near the gang turfs with a friend and this random dude comes out of nowwhere like a kamikaze and blew up the gas station and his car, my friend didn't survive lol.

I can see myself playing this game for a long, long time if Rockstar keeps adding content to GTA online.
Gui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #23
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
The random killings really do make this game garbage. Other than that I'm having a blast with game modes. Passive mode doesn't work. You still get killed by trolls. Is this normal?
Old 10-04-2013   #24
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
It concerns me that not everybody knows about the beauty of El Sondito.
Old 10-04-2013   #25
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
Downloaded the latest patch and all seems OK.....so far.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #26
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
The random killings really do make this game garbage. Other than that I'm having a blast with game modes. Passive mode doesn't work. You still get killed by trolls. Is this normal?
Solution is easy really.. all they have to do is classify random killing as 'bad sport' behaviour like they do with quitting matches early. That would put random killers together so they can have all the fun they want without ruining free mode for people that do like to play without shooting on sight.

I try to avoid other players in free mode as much as possible, just speeding through the city so they don't have the time to shoot me. But I really enjoy all the various gametypes, I played 'top fun' for like 10 times in a row because everyone liked it so much
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #27
eli
wolfpvck

I enjoy getting chased by people in GTA:O but they shouldn't make dying so expensive. I lose 890 from my bank-account every time I die.
Old 10-04-2013   #28
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
Finally got on this morning and loving it so far. Only going solo at the moment, but it is still fun. Love that you actually get to interact with characters for missions. Only thing is I wish they had sleeveless leather jackets to make custom cuts for my crew but that is a minor complaint. Also anyone know if you can buy the bike Franklin gets in the SP story? Wanted that to be my main vehicle but can only find them on the streets. If I steal one can I make it mine?

Another thing, if I start a job do I have to do it with other people? Was hoping to just play with my brother for a while without joining random people.

Few more questions, is they only way to own a second car buying a garage or just insuring it? And if I start with a 2 car garage will I be able to upgrade/buy a bigger garage later or am I stuck with the 2 car for the rest of the game? Any help/answers would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by truekiller; 10-04-2013 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: Another question
truekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #29
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
I like the bad sport idea. Assholes killing people for no reason.

I got in with some crew members last night. Had a blast robbing stores. I love screaming at the cashiers. GIVE ME YOUR FUCKING MONEY ASSHOLE. And the things that they say is funny also.
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #30
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
Sometimes you have to change plans because of crazy randoms, they add the element of surprise to whatever activity you're trying to do, which kinda adds variety to the game but when you're just trying to get shit done, you end up wasting a lot more time because of them.
Gui is offline   Reply With Quote