Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014   #241
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, the trolls would still do it, but the people who are just doing it because they don't know what else to do (which is probably the majority) would have a place to do it without ramification. Maybe it's not the best idea to separate the audience into two groups, but they need to do something, because assholes make this thing unplayable.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #242
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
It needs a no restrictions unlimited money mode. Or heists. Those are the only reasons I would play GTA Online by myself.
Old 08-25-2014   #243
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I actually went online with V for the first time in months. I'm not 100% sure but I think they tweaked how much money you make on some missions. I'm pretty sure I made a lot more money per mission.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014   #244
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
GTA Online has gone in a crazy and questionable direction since it started.

More patches, more problems

The patches along the way seem to fix a slew of actual problems and create a whole set of new ones where most are ignored until 2 or 3 patches down the line... or ignored completely. Losing weapons, loss of hair/masks/head wear on victory screens after a competitive job for example. This started, what, 2 or 3 patches ago and is still a problem? Suddenly having a linked Social Club account can restrict certain abilities in the game. I have a friend who can't access his garage or apartment while linked because he'll get stuck inside and can't leave causing a reboot of the game to get back out. There's also people making custom jobs that can't be accessed in game for unknown reasons. Rockstar's official answer on the support forum was to unlink and relink the players' Social Club account.

Along with that, there's still issues of game freezes, dropped connections, and splitting up friends/crew members in parties into different sessions. How many times do you have to hard reset your console before it's not fun anymore?

The only game you'll ever need

Rockstar apparently thinks this is the last game you'll ever play and have made things take way too long to accomplish legitimately. For a long time I completely disagreed with people who cheated the game to make money using exploits and glitches. But as Rockstar kept changing the way things worked (which was usually against the player), I now cannot blame them.

The missions keep getting changed unnecessarily. While it was a good idea that longer missions pay out better, this system completely ignores unlocked rank. Rooftop Rumble has been played to death because it was quick and payed $18K. Unlocked at rank 75 this seems justified. Now it pays less simply because it can be done quickly and ignores rank requirements. RR as well as Coveted have been changed in the way they play out as well simply because they were top grinding missions due to people wanting to enjoy what the game has to offer by getting legit cash as quick as possible. So instead of R* making other big missions pay well, they implemented a broken payout system.

A broken money system

The "free" content they've put out is nice, but I'm one who prefers quality over quantity. Think about this, the things added in were "free" but you access them by either grinding missions over X amount of hours to achieve what you want or use micro transactions to have it NOW.

If someone is going to use the Shark Card system... $10 will get you $500K, $20 = $1.2 mil and $100 = $8 mil. They had the balls to actually add an option that costs almost twice as much as the actual game? I'd rather pay $10 or so for a bunch of DLC where I have permanent access to everything included rather than $10 that won't even access one new vehicle. Again, it's greedy bullshit like this that has people hacking and cheating the game for money instead of Grind Theft Auto.

The game is built around more ways to spend and lose money than ways to earn it. Everything is overpriced. A game should not feel like a job to be enjoyed. If Online's money system was the same as Story mode, it would be a lot more enjoyable.

Bright ideas

If you go on the official Rockstar Support Forums, you'll see common topics consisting of cheaters, ideas/wishlists, and common issues. If some admin gets a bug up their ass about people talking about the next patch or heists, they'll engaged the censorship filter. People posting the words "1.16" or "heist" would have the word automatically changed to an animal. It took a little bit for people to figure out why there were topics about a "Gorrila update" or "Patch zebra?". It's looking like 1.17 is currently being treated in the same fashion. A cheeky "fuck you" courtesy of R* admins.

Despite the button to post reading "Post a question or idea" as well as Rockstar encouraging players to voice ideas, both R* forum admins and more so their unpaid medal holding users will shoot down any idea you have with a Copy & Paste style response referring you to just send it to an official email address giving you no input on your idea whatsoever.

Who are the medal users? People like you or me that don't actually work for R* but have earned some sort of pointless award/title/medal for giving helpful answers on the forum. They basically do the admins' jobs for them and got a visible "attaboy" ribbon. Most of these same people will defend anything and everything R* does calling anyone with criticism of any kind ungrateful and whiny. These are the uber-fans.

So basically it's pointless to even post an idea because it's ignored and you're told to just email it elsewhere. Has any content been implemented that fans actually asked for? I have yet to see it. If R* is gonna do what they want to do, then they don't need to make it sound like your wants matter.

Click on any topic on the forum. Now look to the upper right area. See Related Questions? You should see these top 4 posts for ideas to be implimented:

Petition to allow Police Vehicles in garage and bring in the LSPD Buffalo into Online (1555 votes up and 1000+ replies)

VOTE FOR Blaine County Homes & Garages update (500+ upvotes as well as replies)

Petition to allow for continued use of the Firework Launcher, purchase ammo etc. post deadline of Independence Update (430+ votes up and 500+ replies.... and we all see how this ended)

MC (Motorcycle Club) DLC Idea and Support (400+ votes up and 550+ replies)

Now, the forum isn't used by very many people all the time, but to give you an idea... getting anything more than 100 upvotes is a big deal on there. The closest players have gotten yet are some random safehouses as requested in the Blaine County Homes & Garages request. But the big Police style update with 1500+ votes has not been touched.

Summed up..

A lot of what's going on is confusing.

Here's some okay-at-best "free" content nobody asked for! Fuck what the fans really want.

Enjoying quick and easy missions with big payouts? Fuck you, patched. Please use microtransactions to permanently spend real world money for temporary in game money for quick access to temporary content.

Having problems with existing content? How about a Snapmatic shortcut that gets in the way whilst leaving existing problems! Whaddya mean nobody asked for that shortcut?

When Online first started it had it's problems but felt more solid and structured than it does now. I don't know how there's still so many issues 16 patches later. I've had a real love/hate relationship with the game. I just get really turned off when I see the way R* is handling it and treating real fans.

I've been playing less and less due to a number of issues such as modders ruining public sessions and game crashes... but I'm really just over the message Rockstar Games is sending to the fans.
Old 09-06-2014   #245
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokujitsu View Post
GTA Online has gone in a crazy and questionable direction since it started.

More patches, more problems

I've been playing less and less due to a number of issues such as modders ruining public sessions and game crashes... but I'm really just over the message Rockstar Games is sending to the fans.
You know, I never liked the thought of on-line gaming. I've played some MineCraft, and it sucked. I tried GTA V Online, and the first thing that happened was I got put into a race.

That did it for me. I hate racing games -- and I hate racing in GTA games too. I used to REALLY hate it in GTA games, because until GTA IV, you HAD to win at least a race (or two!) to proceed with the game. (Remember "Farewell, My Love?" AAAAARGH!!! @#$%!!! ENDING UP IN the RIVER for the TWENTIETH --)

Yeah. ANYWAY...

I'm surprised to read your post. If others share your view, then apparently R* really, REALLY messed up this GTA V thing. I figured that Online was all it had going for it anymore.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014   #246
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
R* proving me right about not caring for ideas

I was browsing the support forum this morning and saw every idea had that robotic response from either R* or one of their medal holding drones to e-mail devs. I reposted an idea of mine that I have already sent to their email address and made sure to state that in the post.

Didn't matter. Had an admin telling me to send it to the email address. It's clear that they don't read your responses. I wish I could have a job as a R* forum admin where I can just copy and paste responses to fans.
Old 09-21-2014   #247
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I'm late in posting this but the mission "Pickup Sticks" has become my favorite. Even the soundtrack for it is badass.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote