Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
GTAV has ruined other games for me and it's not even out yet

Guys, GTAV has RUINED other games for me and it isn't even out yet.

I was and am planning on getting Saints Row 4 at launch. But now, I'm almost at the point where I may not even bother and buy it next year. Let me be clear, I have been an avid fan of SR since the first game and 4 will likely hit home with its ode to earlier entries and I'm positive I'm going to enjoy it.

But on the flip side, HOLY SHIT GRAND THEFT AUTO V. It's like, WHO CARES, ya know? I look at the GTA Online trailer, and I just don't want to finish my Saints Row The Third replay I was doing before 4 hits. It's like, it looks so limiting in comparison.

I want to play GTAIV, but even that looks like it pales. I haven't even booted up a single game today besides a quick Team Fortress session. All other games just look fucking BORING to me now.

This isn't hyperbole at all and I'm really hoping others feel the same way so I don't feel like I'm crazy.

I'm even cancelling my ps4 pre order. It's like, who gives a fuck? I'll have GTAV.
Old 08-16-2013   #2
j_harvill

j_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to all
Not an sr fan but I feel the same way. I'm only waiting for gtaV and that's it. Not canceling my ps4 though.
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #3
Himuro

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I'd still get a ps4 if GTAV were coming out on the system at launch.
Old 08-16-2013   #4
j_harvill

j_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to all
I upgraded watch dogs to the ps4. Although I'll still be playing gtaV.
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #5
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I hear ya. I am a Hitman fan, and yet, with the apparent new "Stealth" stat in GTA V, this game may render the HM franchise a bit stale.

Plus, Hitman has gotten even LESS "Sandboxy" with the latest iteration of the game. Absolution is a truly fun game, don't get me wrong -- but the "checkpoint" system (which has you pretty much locked out of the previous area that you were in) makes the game feel somewhat cloistered.

GTA has been my favorite franchise since VC back in 2003. I've played every single game so far too -- except for CTW and VCS. But with the advent of V, I don't feel like I'm missing out on those other games either.

Saints Row always seemed like a whackadoodle rip-off of GTA-SA, with (*groan*) "super powers." I also watched the YouTube video in which someone accurately pointed out the differences between GTA and SA on PS3 and Xbox360, and that pretty much destroyed any interest that I might have had in SR.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #6
element3215
Eat, sleep, Gta!

element3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Orlando View Post
Yeah, I hear ya. I am a Hitman fan, and yet, with the apparent new "Stealth" stat in GTA V, this game may render the HM franchise a bit stale.

Plus, Hitman has gotten even LESS "Sandboxy" with the latest iteration of the game. Absolution is a truly fun game, don't get me wrong -- but the "checkpoint" system (which has you pretty much locked out of the previous area that you were in) makes the game feel somewhat cloistered.
Try playing hitman after playing the last of us. i felt like hitman should've been what the last of us was since
the stealth mechanics are pretty similar. Still both good games but you feel me?

OT: It is hard to play other games. I've been playing max payne 3 since the gunplay is similar.
Gta Iv since it's the same gen as 5 but once i get to Alderney i feel as if the story slows dramatically.
Also San Andreas since it has the planes/stat building.

All of these games are gta5 imho but it would be cool to have all features in one game.
Which is why I can't wait for 5.
Old 08-30-2013   #7
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
I picked up Saints Row 4 this past Sunday. I finished the main storyline last night. On to the sidequests now. It won't take you long to burn through it. I'm terrible at video games and I completed the campaign in a few days. Go ahead and get it--if you're a fan you won't be disappointed. And you may as well--I have my suspicion it'll be the last one.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #8
Himuro

I skipped SR4. I just don't care. I'd rather play more GTA4 right now to prep for GTA5.
Old 08-31-2013   #9
Lynkfested
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynkfested has a reputation beyond reputeLynkfested has a reputation beyond reputeLynkfested has a reputation beyond reputeLynkfested has a reputation beyond reputeLynkfested has a reputation beyond reputeLynkfested has a reputation beyond reputeLynkfested has a reputation beyond reputeLynkfested has a reputation beyond reputeLynkfested has a reputation beyond reputeLynkfested has a reputation beyond reputeLynkfested has a reputation beyond repute
Eh, I'm excited for it. But after the disappointment of IV I just haven't followed much of the pre-game hype. I want to go into the game and see if it impresses me, rather than expect it to. I went into San Andreas thinking it would be the greatest game ever, and it took me 2-3 years to fully appreciate it.
Old 08-31-2013   #10
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I think anyone who turns their nose up at the opportunity to play some Saints Row because it's "just a GTA clone/wannabe" are probably missing out. No doubt that it's not for everyone, like every game, but I just feel that some people are missing out on a really fun game out of some fucked up loyalty to Rockstar and refusal to play similar games.
Old 09-02-2013   #11
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I've pretty much done the same thing. I was going to pick up a couple of the new titles, but V is almost here. I know damn well that's all I'm going to be playing for a while. Sorry every other cool game, that is out or soon to be released. My bags are packed. After the last few years n Liberty City, I'm going to work on my tan in Los Santos.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #12
Severed Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Severed Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond reputeSevered Legham has a reputation beyond repute
GTAV won't 'ruin' Pokemon X & Y for me. But luckily, they're 3DS. So i can play GTAV when im at home and pokemon when i'm out and about.
Severed Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #13
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
Every time a GTA comes out it ruins all games for me. I find myself wanting to play old GTAs but when I do I just feel disappointed because of the lack of activities in them.

I've been playing RDR but the whole time I just think about flying jets, stuntplants, and driving fast cars.
Old 09-04-2013   #14
Runner 500
Police Officer

Runner 500 is on a distinguished roadRunner 500 is on a distinguished road
I'm not an SR fan, but i really hate SR.

GTA V now ruins SR.

Last edited by Runner 500; 09-04-2013 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Runner 500 is offline   Reply With Quote