Old 06-07-2014   #1
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
E3 2014

It's that time of the year again where everyone tries to make us buy their products and merch by tempting us with promises and surprises.

So what can we expect this year? What surprises do you want to see? What batshit crazy gone wrong presenters will become jokes of the show? etc, etc.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #2
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Won't care unless Fallout 4 or Red Dead 3 is announced.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #3
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Same here, didn't even think about the possiblity of having a RDR 3 but I'd sure love another one. A next fallout game is long overdue

But I guess I'd also like to see some gameplay of other games like the evil within
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #4
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
There's been news that Take Two have said to shareholders that Red Dead and GTA franchises are here to stay. Doesn't mean a new Red Dead is on it's way now, but it will be eventually.

I'm hoping the PS4/Vita bundle leaked by Amazon is actually true. I wouldn't mind a PS4 and my gf would like a Vita (cause i already have one) so that'd be pretty sweet.

Also interested to see what Oculus and competitors are up to.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #5
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar isn't on E3 and Bethesda already said fallout 4 isn't going to be announced. I'm eager to see some new IP's. And a new Zelda ofcourse.
But I'm done with this sequel culture.
Old 06-07-2014   #6
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Oh yeah, on that note i'd like to see Nintendo announce something(s) that makes the wii U worth getting...

also, via reddit:

Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #7
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli View Post
Rockstar isn't on E3 and Bethesda already said fallout 4 isn't going to be announced. I'm eager to see some new IP's. And a new Zelda ofcourse.
Eh. A new Red Dead and Fallout wouldn't really be sequels, they're just new games in franchises that tend to wait a long time between instalments. The wait creates want, which is exactly why I want them right now.

When I think of the bad sequel culture in videogames, I think of Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty. Not games that come out every 5-10 years.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #8
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli View Post
That heroes of Hyrule game looks appalling and makes me sad that it's Zelda related.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #9
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Eh. A new Red Dead and Fallout wouldn't really be sequels, they're just new games in franchises that tend to wait a long time between instalments. The wait creates want, which is exactly why I want them right now.

When I think of the bad sequel culture in videogames, I think of Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty. Not games that come out every 5-10 years.
Yeah it came out a bit poorly because the things are in one post. I kinda meant Fifa and AC and CoD and to an extent games like Gears of War, God of War, Halo (same game every time), Bioshock. Companies that play it safe because they know plebs will buy their games.
Old 06-08-2014   #10
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Bioshock doesn't play it safe. Infinite was totally different than the original.
Old 06-08-2014   #11
eli
wolfpvck

Even though it's different than the first 2 bioshocks it does everything exactly the same; repetetive gameplay, boring gunplay, uninteresting powerups(and leveling), gimmick tears.

It plays everything safe inside its own game. It looks fine but in it's core it's just the same boring shooter with a few gimmicks.
But ofcourse that's expected from Bioshock because the first two were boring as hell. Atleast the first one had some creepy parts but 9/10 was just run&gun.

edit:

the thing with bioshock is, it's infinitely more fun to read the story than to play the game.
Old 06-08-2014   #12
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed. I thought Bioshock Infinite's story was one of the best I've sat through, but everytime I played the game I felt I was playing just to get to the next dialog.
Old 06-08-2014   #13
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Expectations are low.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/v...3-train-wrecks
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014   #14
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Be good to see what Sony do after IGN's fuck up today which was hilarious to watch. According to IGN from "sources", The Last Guardian was canceled, which then caused Sony to step in and say they laughed at the headline, the game's not canceled, which then caused Druckman from Naughty Dog to just go on a rant about shitty games journalism striking again.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014   #15
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Because there's no investigation or credibility to almost all of games journalists. It's all just one big hugbox filled with "10/10's" and "GOTY's", and anything that isn't is clickbait horseshit. Take Kotaku's article about that Watch Dogs video on YouTube, "Making The World A Better Place." Taking something that is a joke and trying to make it real world problems. All for the sake of page views and a paycheck.

On a lighter note...
I hope TLG eventually comes out. But I'm afraid too much time has gone by. It's the same shit with HL3. The hype for these things goes on for years and years and years, and it starts to become exhausting just waiting. You hope for these things to be amazing if/when they do finally come out, but you know in the back of your mind it won't.

I also hope to hear something about another Red Dead and Animal Crossing for Wii U. Which, I heard a rumor earlier today about a possible "Animal Crossing U" and how it would be set in a University (hence the "U") and how you'd get a roommate and that Tortimer was dean and Blathers worked in the library. I think it sounds pretty neat. I'd like for the setting to be different this time and not just a New Leaf port, ya know.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote