Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 5 Days Ago   #1
matty1505
Newbie Member

matty1505 is an unknown quantity at this point
EFLC Sniper Scope Disappears HELP

Hey, when i played GTA EFLC i tried to aim with my sniper. But no scope appeared, I could zoom in and out but i didn't saw an crosshair,,,, PLEASE HELP HELP HELP HELP
matty1505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
You probably accidentally removed/added the crosshair texture, if you have a backup made you can just simply use that to get it back. Or you could just install a custom one like this:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/new-sc...hair-v20-f5512

Then simply (using OpenIV or SparkIV) go to the weapons.img and open up the .wtd file of the sniperrifle of which the crosshairs are missing and import that texture. It should be named 'target'

If you still aren't able to fix it just let me know, but it'll be easier to explain if you tell me which sniperrifle's textures are missing, and if it's only in Tbogt/tlad or in both
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #3
matty1505
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
You probably accidentally removed/added the crosshair texture, if you have a backup made you can just simply use that to get it back. Or you could just install a custom one like this:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/new-sc...hair-v20-f5512

Then simply (using OpenIV or SparkIV) go to the weapons.img and open up the .wtd file of the sniperrifle of which the crosshairs are missing and import that texture. It should be named 'target'

If you still aren't able to fix it just let me know, but it'll be easier to explain if you tell me which sniperrifle's textures are missing, and if it's only in Tbogt/tlad or in both
I think i removed the glass texture. But my my M40A1 sniper can't aim....
Old 4 Days Ago   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Alright here's what you have to do, get that file from the link I gave you and extract the 'ScopeRifle.png' from the crosshairs folder. Just extract it to your desktop, then rename it to target.png

Then start openIV (select EFLC) and go to the following location:
models/cdimages/weapons.img

Hit the big 'edit mode' button at the top, then open up the w_rifle.wtd file

Then click import (in the top left corner of the w_rifle.wtd) and select that target.png you've got on your desktop. Make sure it's the only 'target.png' file in there. Once you've done that just exit openIV and try it out ingame
Old 4 Days Ago   #5
matty1505
Newbie Member

Quote:
Alright here's what you have to do, get that file from the link I gave you and extract the 'ScopeRifle.png' from the crosshairs folder. Just extract it to your desktop, then rename it to target.png

Then start openIV (select EFLC) and go to the following location:
models/cdimages/weapons.img

Hit the big 'edit mode' button at the top, then open up the w_rifle.wtd file

Then click import (in the top left corner of the w_rifle.wtd) and select that target.png you've got on your desktop. Make sure it's the only 'target.png' file in there. Once you've done that just exit openIV and try it out ingame
but still i cant aim with my M40A1. When i click rmb the crosshair appears and a second later it disappears. I also tryed lmb but i still cant aim or shoot...
Old 4 Days Ago   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Have you edited your weaponsinfo.xml in any way?

You probably also have to hold your right-mouse button, but I'm not sure I haven't played it in a while
Old 4 Days Ago   #7
matty1505
Newbie Member

i have edited weaponsinfo.xml but i didn't edit any sniper, should i upload the file so you can check it?
Old 3 Days Ago   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Yeah sure let me take a look
Old 3 Days Ago   #9
matty1505
Newbie Member

Quote:
Yeah sure let me take a look
here it is
Attached Files
File Type: zip weaponinfoxml.zip (2.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 3 Days Ago   #10
matty1505
Newbie Member

the edited weapons are mg3 mod and an tommygun mod
Old 3 Days Ago   #11
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

It looks okay indeed, but just to be sure try a clean one (if you haven't made a backup yourself you can get a clean weaponinfo.xml here: http://www.gta-downloads.com/en/gta4...er-backup.html)

Let me know if that changes anything, kinda running out of options here
Old 3 Days Ago   #12
matty1505
Newbie Member

i'll try it

Quote:
It looks okay indeed, but just to be sure try a clean one (if you haven't made a backup yourself you can get a clean weaponinfo.xml here: http://www.gta-downloads.com/en/gta4...er-backup.html)

Let me know if that changes anything, kinda running out of options here
still didn't work

Last edited by matty1505; 3 Days Ago at 02:54 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 2 Days Ago   #13
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Have you installed any other mods regarding weapons? Like a custom skin for the m40a1?
Old 2 Days Ago   #14
matty1505
Newbie Member

no custom skins for snipers. i only did this skins: ak47 - thompson1928 m4 - mg3 deagle - walther ppk (James Bond)
Old 2 Days Ago   #15
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Really no other gun related mods? Scripts for instance?