Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013   #1
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
GTA Online - Your thoughts?

For all of you who have been able to play GTA Online, what are your thoughts on it so far? What do you like/dislike? What would you add/remove/change? Let us know!
Old 10-03-2013   #2
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
So far really enjoying it. Mostly been doing co-op missions and a little bit of racing plus some solo robberies to build up cash.

I'd like to try some parachuting activities with others but they don't unlock until rank 11 I think, so a lot of people can't select them yet. They can still be invited in though.

Police seem extra brutal on four stars online. Haven't gotten five yet.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #3
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Like - promoting the whole use your own car. Like I said in another thread, I stole a NPC's car and he sent me a text saying he put a bounty on my head. I played the survival game mode and loved that as well.

Dislike - Randomly getting cops after me for no reason whatsoever (unless they notice it's a stolen car, but I could have been driving around for an hour or so, and still get a star). Same problem as in IV, people killing you immediately when they see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #4
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
From what I managed to finally play this morning and a little last night its good.

Confusing at first and I'm still trying to work out if you enter say a race in one location of the map is it the same long race as say another side of the map? Plus I've played three death matches, two have been in the same location. But its early days...

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #5
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
I've been playing it all morning. So far, I love it. They thought of everything and I have no real complaints, except for ATM machines... They're pretty essential and I think should show up on the map. It's pretty annoying having to scramble to find one with $10k in your pocket and everyone trying to murder you at once.
Old 10-03-2013   #6
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
I thought you could deposit money into your account on the phone?

I know I saw someone do it or something involving it on a stream...

I still have yet to play for myself yet. Probably later today or tomorrow, or next week.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #7
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
Me and Zidane.

Old 10-03-2013   #8
Zidane

I still can't believe how much your character looks like you xD
Old 10-03-2013   #9
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
ATMs definitely should be marked on the map haha.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #10
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
If you hold back/select you can set an ATM as a GPS location, although I'm not sure if it selects the closest one.
Old 10-03-2013   #11
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
Hold Select/Back to bring up the Quick Menu, and you can find an ATM via the GPS (I'm pretty sure it directs you to the closest one). Also, you can deposit money through your phone. Get online and go to the Maze Bank website. You can deposit cash from there. I have no idea how that's supposed to work. Do they take your word for it? Do you shove cash into the handset and the whole thing works like Wonkavision? Am I putting too much thought into this? Do you like pie?

As for my own online experiences, it's been...less than stellar. I haven't been attacked yet by another PC, but that's because I can't stay in the game long enough. I got the first race done, that was fine. Held up a liquor store, that went OK. Got some new threads, got myself a car (a blue and white Karin Futo with a carbon hood, if you see me say hi..and by say hi I don't mean "shoot me and take my stuff"). Went to the next mission, a team deathmatch, and I just sat in the lobby for 20 minutes and nothing happened. So it's still rough going.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #12
Zidane

EDIT: Ha, forgot to reload the page when I replied ;P Thanks for the tips, guys!

You can go to your phone > internet > eyefine.info > maze bank > deposit mobile ATM ftw
Old 10-03-2013   #13
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Had a good game with zidane, rarely any problems for me. Only problems i came across was the loading screen freezing between game modes. Gta online is pretty amazing.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #14
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
The only things that I've had issues with are the same that others are having.

It is very fun and addictive.
I don't like playing with people who fuck around and kill you for no god damn reason causing you to lose money.
Playing with friends who take it seriously is fun though.
Old 10-03-2013   #15
Tim
Autonomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
I still can't believe how much your character looks like you xD
Yeah I was quite pleased

Okay so just come home from work. Was playing online probably about 10 hours ago. Now it has not saved my character and when I go to play online its asking me to create a new one. WTF.

Last edited by Tim; 10-03-2013 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post