GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV Mods (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=318)
-   -   SparkIV and Skins Not Working? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143382)

Germaximus 01-05-2014 11:31 AM

SparkIV and Skins Not Working?

Hey there. I hope someones around to answer this. I've searched quite a bit online and haven't found the answer I'm looking for. I'm new to modding. I've been using Icenhancer and tried several different ENB settings now. I want to start using player skins and I've tried a couple so far by importing the files with SparkIV. I can see that my players face has changed but the costume has not. What do I need to do to fix that?
SparkIV allows me to Save the Import but not Rebuild it. Is that the issue?

Also, I've read that the skins should show up in the options menu but they aren't for me. I'm using the oldest patch, offline.

Killerfist 01-05-2014 01:35 PM

You should definitely update your game, most mods simply wont work on the oldest patch

despite what most readme's tell you, you won't need the rebuild option. All you need to do is import the right files in the right locations and hit save.

Germaximus 01-05-2014 04:17 PM

Oh that sucks then. Is there no other way? Most ENBs say they work best on the oldest patch and that's why I use it. Thanks for the response!

Killerfist 01-05-2014 04:40 PM

Which patch are you running? The latest patch is 1.0.7.0. and most ENB's are optimised for 1.0.4.0. but that's not the oldest patch

Germaximus 01-05-2014 08:10 PM

Oh, yeah I'm new to this whole thing. I'm using 1.0.4.0.

Killerfist 01-06-2014 09:31 AM

Oh in that case there's no need to update, those mods should work. What steps did you take in installing them? Did you make sure you opened the right .img files and saved before exiting them to open up the other one?

Germaximus 01-06-2014 09:41 AM

hm I'm not sure what you mean. I followed the steps in the Readmes and tutorials. Open SparkIV, browse all the way down to Models/CDimages, double click on playerped and import the files into that, then save. I've done this with about 5 different skins now and none of them work right.

Killerfist 01-06-2014 09:45 AM

That's odd, do you have a backup of gta anywhere? Maybe SparkIV is browsing to the wrong location

You could try browsing to the gta folder and opening up the .img directly (open with.. then select sparkIV). Then just import the files, hit save and to verify open up (one of ) the files to see if the textures are actually in there.

Germaximus 01-06-2014 05:02 PM

I would love to try that but I don't even understand what you just said. I'm stupid like that. How would I know which img file to open in the GTA folder?
I do have a backup folder of course. But if it was loading it to my backup folder I don't think I'd notice a slight difference in the skin when I play with the modded folder, right? I can see the face has changed but the clothes have not. For example Assassin's Creed skin I can see Desmonds face and even the bow and arrow on Niko's back, but he's still in the same clothes. And for Ghost Rider I can see the skull face but still in NIko's clothes and there's no flames like there should be.

Killerfist 01-07-2014 05:34 AM

Are you sure you imported all the files? Shirts always start with upper.. and pants with lower... Are there files like that in the package you downloaded?

If you really cant resolve this issue maybe you should try using OpenIV

Germaximus 01-07-2014 02:30 PM

Yeah I've been doing all the files. I'll check out OpenIV when I get a chance I guess. Thanks!

I do have another question. Why can't I just copy/paste the files to where they belong?

Killerfist 01-08-2014 04:22 AM

You can't copy and paste them because it's mostely .img files with files inside them, you use SparkIV to open up those images.

btw.. you did browse through all the clothing ingame right? Because you're probably only replacing a selection of items, doesn't mean you'll have them on if you launch the game.

It's easiest to check with simple native trainer (you can browse through all the available clothing and accessories through it) but you can also just visit all the clothing stores and check all the clothing. Just keep in mind that the modded textures won't show up modded on the clothingracks, you'll have to actually try them on to see if they're different.

Germaximus 01-08-2014 04:46 PM

Oh hm okay. I had not browsed anything yet. I assumed most of it should have been worn when I started the game. I'll check it out. Thanks for all your help!

I'm confused about the image file thing though. The files I have downloaded are wdr and wtd's.

Killerfist 01-08-2014 05:31 PM

Yeah those .wtd and .wdr files are inside those .img files, that why you can't simply drag and drop. Think of them like .zip files, you need a program to open those up before you can access the content.

But if the face from the mod you downloaded works I'm a 100% sure the clothing will too, but since there's only 1 face texture it'll show up immediatly when you've installed that. The clothing files however replace certain clothing items so you'll only see those immediatly if you happen to have those particular pieces of clothing on.

Germaximus 01-08-2014 11:35 PM

Thanks very much for clearing that up for me. It may be a little bit before I continue playing again. I get hooked and then I take a break and play other games, and then I get hooked again. I wasn't expecting to get an answer here due to how old the game is and stuff so this has been surprising and awesome. I am truly grateful for all of your help.